Mammoth thermal acoustic insulation (previously NOVAhush) is made in New Zealand from 100% lofted, thermally bonded polyester fibre. The polyester conjugate fibre used is crimped giving excellent durability.
Mammoth insulation is designed for a wide range of acoustic treatments - including walls, partitions, ceilings and mid floor infill. Mammoth blanket uses air trapped in the fabric and air inside the hollow fibres to contribute to its effectiveness. Acoustic sections are designed to be friction fitted between joists to maximise performance and enable a seamless install. The insulation performs as an acoustic infill material by providing sound absorption within the cavity - reducing sound transmissions through the structure. As an added benefit, Mammoth acoustic products help create a more energy efficient environment.
Scope of use
Mammoth Acoustic blanket is designed for a wide range of acoustic treatments in building structures with timber framing, such as walls, partitions, ceilings and mid-floor infill. It performs as an acoustic infill material by providing sound absorption within the cavity - reducing the sound transmission of the structure.
Mammoth Acoustic blanket and sections:
- helps create a more comfortable internal environment by improving sound insulation between spaces.
- reduces sound intensity and noise transfer between rooms.
- is safe and easy to work with - no precautions are required for handling the product.
- is made using fibres from recycled plastic bottles.
- is made in New Zealand.
- have no added chemicals - formaldehyde & pesticide free.
- is not affected by moisture.
- are Red List Free - International Living Future Institute.
- are manufactured by InZone Industries Ltd - a carboNZero certified organisation.
- is backed by a 50 year Manufacturer's warranty.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b), B2.3.1(c)
- Clause E3 Internal moisture: Performance E3.3.1
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Thermally bonded, polyester acoustic insulation.
Mammoth Acoustic range
ACOUSTIC BLANKET (suspended ceilings & steel framing)
ACOUSTIC SECTIONS & BLANKET (timber framing & mid floors)
BAFFLE STACK (in ceiling cavities over partition walls)
- Keep the product dry at all times.
- Avoid compression of the product as it will adversely affect performance.
- Ensure a snug fit is achieved.
Installation of blanket and sections in Walls : http://www.mammoth.co.nz/documents/Mammoth-Wall-Insulation-Installation-Guidelines.pdf
Mammoth insulation requires no maintenance. Once installed it will fit to the space and will retain its thermal resistance for 50 years (with correct installation).
Effective insulation helps to limit the amount of energy used to heat homes and other buildings. InZone Industries Ltd's commitment to sustainability starts with high quality insulation products. For over a decade InZone has been improving product technology and installation techniques to make sure the Mammoth product range delivers excellent results.
The Mammoth range is made from 100% polyester fibre. Polyester is made from a substance called PET, which is what plastic bottles are made from. PET can easily be recycled. InZone supports polyester recycling in two ways; using recycled fibre from plastic bottles as part of the Mammoth acoustic product range and recycling production off-cuts back into the process. Plastic packaging for the products is also recyclable. Our commitment to our sustainability journey continues - InZone Industries Ltd is a carboNZero certified organisation and all Mammoth products are Red List Free (Declare programme).
Mammoth insulation helps create a warmer, more healthy living space - enabling a more energy efficient space. This protects our environment by reducing our fossil fuel consumption.
||New Zealand Made
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council
||Declare Red List Free