Linea™ Oblique™ Weatherboard is a modern take on rusticated profile that can be installed horizontally or vertically, providing fresh, inspiring design flexibility for both contemporary and classic architecture.
Linea™ Oblique™ Weatherboard is available in a variety of sizes, 200mm and 300mm wide and 4200mm and 2700mm long. It's resistant to fire, moisture damage and rot and won't warp in the sun, so you can paint it any colour you like - even the darker shades.
Key Features and Benefits
- Installation on timber cavity batten
- Jointing on stud using Trimline Joint Flashing
- Can be painted any colour, even the darker shades
- Gun nailable face fixed methodology
- Scyon Technology provides exceptional durability, stability and strength
- Pre-primed for fast paint application
16mm thick x 4200mm long or 2700mm long x 200mm wide or 300mm wide
Scope of use
Linea™ Oblique™ Weatherboard can be installed on buildings that fall within the scope limitation of NZS 3604 and E2/AS1 of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC).
Linea™ Oblique™ Weatherboard can also be installed on projects, which are subject to specific engineering design (SED) up to a wind pressure of 2.5kPa (ULS).
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2
- Clause C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: Performance C3.6, C3.7
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2, E2.3.3, E2.3.4, E2.3.5, E2.3.6
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
- Clause H1 Energy efficiency : Performance H1.3.1
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
Structure - B1: Uniform wind face load tests have been completed at BRANZ and the suitability of Linea Oblique Weatherboard and its fixings has been verified to meet wind pressure requirement in various wind zones classified in NZS 3604 and SED wind zone up to wind pressure of 2.5kPa and complies with the requirements of B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.4.
Durability - B2: Linea Oblique Weatherboard has been assessed at a NATA accredited James Hardie laboratory in accordance with AS/NZS 2908.2 and meets the durability performance requirements as per B2.3.1(a) and B2.3.2 of this clause.
Fire Performance - C: Linea Oblique Weatherboard has been assessed and is classified as non combustible material and is suitable for use on external walls close to boundaries.
External Moisture - E2: Linea Oblique Weatherboard cavity cladding as per its details has been assessed for weathertightness as per E2/VM1 (as contained within NZBC Clause E2,
F2.3.1 and will not present a health hazard when handled as per its technical specifications. Energy Efficiency - H1: Linea Oblique Weatherboard clad walls constructed using bulk insulation meets the construction R-Value requirements as per Table 1 of Clause H1.
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Linea Oblique Weatherboard is suitable for use as external wall cladding on residential buildings within the scope of E2/AS1 or light weight residential/commercial buildings with design wind pressure of 2.5kPa (uls) covered by a specific engineering design (SED). It must be fixed over a timber cavity batten that is nominal 20mm thick and used for buildings that are exposed to wind pressures up to 2.5kPa (uls).
Linea Oblique Weatherboard is also suitable for use in fire rated systems.
Limitations: Linea Oblique Weatherboard cladding must not be used in curved wall applications or in situations where it stays in contact with ground moisture.
Install as per Linea Oblique Weatherboard technical specification
As a guide, it is recommended that the basic normal maintenance tasks shall include, but not be limited to:
• Washing down exterior surfaces every 6-12 months*
• Re-coating exterior protective finishes**
• Regular inspection and repair if necessary of the cladding, joints, sealants, nail head fillers etc.
• Cleaning out gutters, down pipes and overflow pipes as required.
• Pruning back vegetation which is close to or touching the building as well as ensuring the NZBC ground clearance requirements are maintained, especially where gardens are concerned.
• The clearance between the bottom edge of the Linea Oblique Weatherboard and the finished/unfinished ground must always be maintained.
*Do not use a water blaster to wash down the cladding.
*In extreme coastal conditions or sea spray zones, wash every 3-4 months.
** Refer to your paint manufacturer for washing down and recoating requirements related to paint performance.
Linea Oblique Weatherboard has a standard product warranty of 25 years when installed and maintained as per Linea Oblique Weatherboard technical specification
We aim to conduct business in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner and to use management systems and operating procedures to identify, monitor, control and reduce the impact of our operations and our products on the environment. We strive to continually improve our manufacturing processes and product formulations to minimise our carbon footprint. As such, we are committed to ecologically sustainable development (ESD) principles.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)