VSH XPress Copper GAS is an extremely user-friendly solution:
- The use of VSH XPress GAS systems dispenses with the need for complicated clamping techniques, time-consuming preparations and drying times – the installation is faster and cleaner
- No need to thread the pipe
- No lubrication needed for installation
- Easy insertion of the pipe in the fitting due to the special design of the fittings
- Short radius bends ensure compact and space-saving installation.
The above features ensure that no special welding skills are required for an installation and that the work can be carried out in a pleasant and safe environment.
Installations are a minimum of 3x faster than traditional systems, as no threading or welding is required.
-20°C to +70°C / 5 bar
Available copper piping diameters are 15, 18, 22, 28, 35, 42 and 54mm
The copper pipes that may be used for the VSH XPress Copper GAS system in gas applications must comply with the norm EN 1057 R250/R290. KE KELIT NZ supply COPPERFIX EN 1057 R250/R290 copper pipe in the 15-54 mm size range which is suitable for use with VSH XPress Copper GAS fittings. EN 1057 is the norm for seamless copper and copper alloyed pipes for potable water, gas and heating installations.
Scope of use
Suitable for Natural Gas and LPG applications.
- Copper pipes must be protected from the impact of outer corrosion, such as sulphites, nitrites and ammonia. Insulating materials
must be nitrate free (i.e. contain no more than 0.02% nitrate).
- Copper tube is not for installation below ground, unless installed in protective ducting.
- Fittings can only be used with copper pipes conforming to R250/290 of EN 1057:2006.
- Copper pipes should not be stored outside.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.2
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a)
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
- Clause G10 Piped services: Performance G10.3.1, G10.3.2, G10.3.3, G10.3.5, G10.3.6
- Clause G11 Gas as an energy source: Performance G11.3.1, G11.3.5
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
All designs and construction shall be within the requirements and the tables set out in the VSH XPress
GAS Australasian Technical Specification Rev1 and in Limitation D - available from the manufacturer’s
web site www.kekelit.co.nz, including design velocities in accordance with the corresponding European
standards referenced, and all other uses are outside the scope of this certificate
Installation shall be performed by KE KELIT trained and approved installers, who shall be Registered Certifying Gasfitter
or a Registered Licensed Gasfitter under the supervision of a Certifying Gasfitter.
Installation and maintenance - where applicable - of the VSH XPress GAS Fittings, shall be in accordance with the
VSH XPress GAS Fittings Australasian Technical Specification and the VSH XPress GAS distributed by KE KELIT
Technical Manual Revision 1.3
Installers are required to hold a KE KELIT Installation training card.
KE KELIT approved tools must only be used as outlined in the VSH XPress GAS Systems Training Handbook and the VSH
XPress GAS distributed by KE KELIT NZ Technical Manual Revision 1.3.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)