Nuraply 3PM is a waterproofing membrane that can be used on concrete, plywood or Enertherm PIR flat roofs and decks protected by tiles or timber decking.
The system comprises of a 3.0mm thick Nuraply 3PB or 3PV base layer. Applied to this base layer is a 4.0mm cap sheet formed of bituminous material that is reinforced with non-woven polyester.
The system is completed with a mineral chip surface of either Pure White, Slate, Charcoal, Red or Green chips.
The Pure White surface has an additional atmospheric pollution reduction coating to neutralize nitrous oxides.
Scope of use
Nuraply 3PM can be used within the scope of E2/AS1.
It can be applied over steep or low-pitched roofs and canopies in new or existing buildings. It may be used to waterproof decks provided the membrane is protected from damage with a floating timber or tile surface on Nurajacks.
It is suitable for commercial and residential buildings.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.2, B1.3.3(e), B1.3.3(m)
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2(a)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
- Clause G12 Water supplies: Performance G12.3.1, G12.3.2(a), G12.3.2(b), G12.3.2(c)
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
- ATG certificate 06/1654 UBAtc Issued: 28/02/2011 Expires: 30/06/2015 Member of UEAtc
- ATG certificate 06/2323 UBAtc Issued: 28/02/2011 Expires: 30/06/2015 Member of UEAtc
Australian Water Quality Centre Report ID: 141927 Tested to: AS/NZS 4020:2005 Date of Issue: 16/07/2012 NATA Accredited.
Building maintenance is important. Annual cleans and visual inspections are recommended. Five yearly detailed inspections by Nuralite applicators are a warranty requirement.
To maintain appearance and prevent chip from blowing off initially, Nuraglaze should be applied over top of the membrane. A passive mould killer may need to be applied to kill moss and mould debris during the life of the system. The membrane must not be waterblasted to avoid damage to the aggregate finish.