A concealed clip fixed roofing profile manufactured in steel either from unpainted or painted coil, run either on site or at our Dimond factory (by arrangement).
Typically used on large roofs for warehouses or factorys. The clip fixing system allows long lengths up to 100m to slide and not be restricted by thermal movement. Eliminating water leakage. The flashing system is fixed to clips and not the roof profile.
With a profile height of 66mm and pan width of 253mm, making up 2 pans wide, the Dimondek 630 has excellent water carrying properties and has the rib strength to match.
The load span tables where derived from this testing and are available from www.dimond.co.nz select Dimondek 630. When used on roofs with wind uplift loads exceeding 2 kPa, we recommend using the Dimondek 630 wind clamp. This clamp fits externally over the roofing rib to secure the rib onto the clip. Fixing clips are screwed to the purlin structure and the roof fitted over the clip.
The profile has all the matching accessories to make up the system as well as natural light sheets such as Durolite.
Scope of use
Exterior Long run metal roofing or cladding used on long lengths up to 100m, where the sheet length is beyond the 25m length limit that can be factory manufactured and easily transported to site.
Thermal expansion of the sheet is accommodated by the use of a concealed clip fixing system.
The profile is used where its important there is no risk of water ingress during the life of the product.
History of the products performance throughout NZ since 2003 has shown it performs as expected to the NZBC, provided its been installed and maintained in accordance with Dimond literature.
Not available in Aluminium
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.1, E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
- NZ Metal roofing Code of Practice. The Dimondek 630 has been full tested using the NZ Metal Roofing Manufactures(MRM) Air box test rig in accordance with the MRM testing procedures in the MRM metal roofing code of practice section 15.
- Test information available from Pacific Coilcoaters and BHP NZ Steel, and past history of use of long run metal roofing and cladding products in New Zealand indicate that, provided the product use and maintenance is in line with the guidelines contained in the current literature referenced, Dimond long run metal roofing & wall cladding systems can be expected to meet the performance criteria in clause B2 and E2 of the New Zealand Building Code, for a period of not less than 15 years.
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Dimondek 630 is best suited for commercial roofs installed on larger purlin spans in sheet lengths beyond 25m.
As it's run on site, savings are made on transport. Sheet lengths up to 100m can be run provided there is room on site to set up and run these.
Manufactured using different paint coatings available from NZS or PCC depending on the durability required for the environment the roof or wall will be installed in, in accordance with AS/NZS 2728. Aluminium based product is not available as DD630.
- As a guide sites within 100m of breaking surf ColorSteel Maxx can be used,
- 100 m from surf (Category 4) ColorCote Magnaflow can be used,
- beyond 200m ( Category 3) then ColorCote Zinacore,
- Further inland (400m to 500m away from the sea influence) unpainted Zincalume can be used.
For more information refer to www.dimond.co.nz.
Refer to Dimond website for installation requirements.
When using Dimondek 630 its important to ensure the purlin alignment is laid to a tight tolerance to allow best fit for the clip system onto the roof profile.
The painted surface must be regularly washed especially in areas not naturally rain washed. Regular washing could be up to every 3 months, with a mild water blasting or a soft bristled brush and plenty of clean fresh water. All debris and rubbish must be removed from the roof surface.
Refer to the Dimond website for full maintenance statement.
Commercial warranties are for 15 years
- against the paint coating chipping, flaking and peeling
- perforation of the sheet allowing moisture into the building
Residential warranties this does not apply.
Manufactured from coated steel produced by NZ Steel at Glenbrook from Ironsand mined off North island's West coast.
Colorsteel is factory painted at NZ Steel, Glenbrook or if its Colorcote its painted at Pacific coil coaters Penrose. Both sites operate within strict environmental controls and recycle cleaning and washing water and control what is exhausted into the environment.
Dimond recycle all steel scrap waste and offcuts which then are remelted into reinforcing bar.
The used roofing profile can be recycled back by remelted into reinforcing bar.
||New Zealand Made
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council