6mm and 7.5mm HardieFlex™ Sheet is ideal for many general building purposes such as wall cladding, wide soffits, porches and gable ends etc.
HardieFlex™ Sheet is a natural unsanded sheet and is suitable for a paint finish. A variety of jointing methods can be used to achieve the desired look.
Resistant to fire and damage from moisture and rotting when installed and maintained correctly.
HardieFlex™ Sheet is an acceptable solution in accordance with the requirements of E2/AS1 of the New Zealand Building Code
It complies with the Durability B2 requirements of New Zealand Building Code.
HardieFlex™ Sheet is covered under a standard product warranty for 15 years.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2(a)
- Clause C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: Performance C3.6, C3.7(a)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2, E2.3.3, E2.3.4, E2.3.5, E2.3.6
- Clause H1 Energy efficiency : Performance H1.3.1
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
Structure - B1: HardieFlex Sheet installed as per its technical specifications have been tested to withstand wind pressures for various wind zones as per NZS 3604 and meets the requirements of B1.3.1, B1.3.2 and B1.3.4 of Clause B1.HardieFlex Sheets have been tested as per BRANZ P21 test method for structural bracing.
Durability - B2: HardieFlex Sheet are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 2908.2 and meets thedurability performance requirements of section B2.3.1 (b) and B2.3.2 of Clause B2.
External Moisture - E2: HardieFlex Sheet installed as per Section 9.7 of E2/AS1 and its technicalspecification complies with Clause E2.
Fire Performance - C: HardieFlex Sheet have been assessed and are classified as non-combustiblematerial and are suitable for use on external walls close to boundaries.
Hazardous Building Materials - F2: HardieFlex Sheet complies with the requirements of F2.3.1 and will not present a health hazard when handled as per its technical specifications.
Energy Efficiency - H1: External walls clad with HardieFlex Sheet using bulk insulation meet theconstruction R-Value requirements as per Table 1 of Clause H1.
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Use in Service History
HardieFlex Sheet complies with section 9.7.2 of ‘E2/AS1’.Information contained in this document is aligned with the requirements of the NZBC Acceptable Solution ‘E2/AS1’.
HardieFlex™ Sheet is suitable for wind zones up to VH as defined by NZS 3604.
HardieFlex™ Sheet can be used to achieve structural bracing. When used in a bracing element it must be fixed with stainless steel nails.
Refer to HardieFlex™ Sheet Technical Specification.
As a guide, it is recommended that basic normal maintenance tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Washing down exterior surfaces every 6-12 months*
- Re-coating the exterior cladding as per the paint manufacturer recommendation**
- Maintaining the exterior envelope and connections including joints, penetrations, flashings and sealants that may provide a means of moisture entry beyond the exterior cladding.
- Cleaning out gutters, blocked pipes and overflows as required.
- Pruning back vegetation which is close to or touching the building as well as ensuring the New Zealand Building Code ground clearance requirements are maintained especially where gardens are concerned.
- The clearance between the bottom edge of the James Hardie Weatherboard and the finished/unfinished ground must always be maintained.
*Do not use a water blaster to wash down the cladding
**Refer to the paint manufacturer for washing down and recoating requirements related to ongoing paint performance.
HardieFlex Sheet has a standard product warranty of 15 years
We aim to conduct business in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner and to use management systems and operating procedures to identify, monitor, control and reduce the impact of our operations and our products on the environment.
We strive to continually improve our manufacturing processes and product formulations to minimise our carbon footprint. As such, we are committed to ecologically sustainable development (ESD) principles.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
||New Zealand Made