New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b)
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
- Clause H1 Energy efficiency : Performance H1.3.1, H1.3.2E
Storage and Maintenance
Pink® Batts® SnugFloor® insulation and support wires must be protected from damage and weather, stored under cover in clean and dry conditions. The installed product must remain dry at all times. The underfloor area should be inspected annually for leaks and excessive dampness. If the product has become wet or damp the cause of fault (e.g. leak in plumbing) must be repaired immediately and the insulation replaced with new of an equivalent R-value.
Pink® Batts® insulation is a sustainable and energy efficient product.
- Manufactured using over 80% recycled glass, making sustainable use of waste glass
- Energy used during the manufacture of Pink® Batts® products is offset by the energy saved by a home fully insulated with Pink® Batts® products within 3-15 months
- Locally manufactured in Auckland and Christchurch, minimising shipping distances compared to imported products
Potential Green Star NZ Credits
Green Star NZ is a comprehensive environmental rating system for buildings. Pink® Batts® insulation may contribute to points under Green Star. Further information is available at www.nzgbc.org.nz