Mammoth thermal Insulation is made in New Zealand from 100% lofted, thermally bonded Polyester fibre. The Polyester conjugate fibre used is crimped giving excellent durability.
Mammoth Ceiling blanket uses air under the blanket, air trapped in the fabric and air inside the hollow fibres to contribute to its effectiveness. Ceiling blanket is laid over the ceiling joists. As an added benefit, Mammoth will absorb noise to create a quieter environment.
Mammoth Skillion sections are designed for use in homes or commercial spaces where the roof and the ceiling run in close parallel lines, leaving a confined space for insulation.
Scope of use
Mammoth Ceiling blanket is designed to be used in ceilings to provide thermal insulation. Mammoth Skillion sections are designed for use in buildings where the roof and ceiling space run in close parallel with a limited ceiling cavity. Mammoth ceiling insulation:
- is made using fibres from recycled plastic bottles
- creates a healthier, drier, more energy efficient environment
- is safe and easy to work with - requiring no precautions for handling.
- Ceiling blanket has Environmental Choice licence for the two highest R-value products (R3.6 & R4.0)
- will assist in absorbing noise to create a quieter environment
- Skillion airlay sections are manufactured on the only airlay plant in Australasia - designed to maximise thermal performance
- have no added chemicals - formaldehyde and pesticides free
- is moisture resistant
- is made in New Zealand
- is manufactured by InsulPro - a carboNZero certified organisation
- is Red List Free - Declare programme
- come with a 50 year Warranty*
*subject to correct installation and adequate protection.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b)
- Clause E3 Internal moisture: Performance E3.3.1
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
- Clause H1 Energy efficiency : Performance H1.3.1(a), H1.3.2E
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Mammoth Ceiling blanket is thermal insulation, designed for use in ceiling cavities, laid over the joists.
Product Range: R1.8, R2.9, R3.2, R3.6 and R4.0
Mammoth Skillion sections are friction fitted, thermal insulation designed for use in confined ceiling cavities.
Product Range: R2.9 and R3.2
When installing Mammoth, be sure to:
- Keep the product dry at all times.
- Avoid compression of the product as it will adversely affect performance.
- Ensure a snug fit is achieved.
Installation in Ceilings: Simply lay the product over joists & ensure a snug fit between joins. Ensure a minimum clear space of 25mm is maintained between insulation and either the roof underlay or the roof to prevent condensation wicking at the point of contact. Blocking off: Along the perimeter of the ceiling open air pockets between the joists/truss chords, ends shall be blocked off with Mammoth blanket.
Installation for Skillion sections: Make sure you have 140mm space between roof rafters. Fit the section into the ceiling bay, between the rafters, ensuring the section is 5mm greater than the width so it achieves a snug, friction fit. Fit subsequent sections by butting all joins together without gaps or undue pressure. Cut any sections to req using a specialised insulation saw such as Bahco.
Mammoth requires no maintenace. Once installed it will fit to the space and will retain its thermal resistance for 50 years (with correct installation).
Effective insulation helps to limit the amount of energy used to heat homes and other buildings. InsulPro’s commitment to sustainability starts with high quality insulation products. For over a decade InsulPro has been improving product technology and installation techniques to make sure the Mammoth product range delivers excellent results.
The Mammoth range is made from 100% polyester fibre. Polyester is made from a substance called PET, which is what plastic bottles are made from. PET can easily be recycled. InsulPro supports polyester recycling in two ways; using recycled fibre from plastic bottles as part of the Mammoth product range and recycling production off-cuts back into the process. Plastic packaging for the products is also recyclable. Our commitment to our sustainability journey continues - InsulPro is a carboNZero certified organisation and all Mammoth products are Red List Free (Declare programme).
Mammoth helps create a warmer, more healthy living space - enabling a more energy efficient space. This protects our environment by reducing our fossil fuel consumption.
||New Zealand Made
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council
||Environmental Choice New Zealand
||Environmental Choice New Zealand 2510069
||Declare - Living Building Institute INZ - 0003
||carboNZero certification 2014172J