Fakro Roof Windows & Skylights
Product Technical Statement: 107200
BRANZ tested skylights & windows from Hometech.
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include self-assessment and technical information by manufacturer
||Fakro confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
HomeTech Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights are for use on roofs of buildings with a roof pitch between 15 and 60 degrees to provide natural light and ventilation.
- Constructed from European pine, a narrow grained wood with no visible knots.
- Pinewood is vacuum impregnated and lacquered as a whole unit so corner connections are protected from moisture penetration and protection against mould and moisture of up to 10mm.
- Patented protection of ALL four corners of the window ensures there are no gaps in the joins.
- Triple seal system including an internal gasket that protects drywall and frame from condensation.
- Frames are covered in coil-coated aluminium.
- Flashings kits available to suit roof types.
- Factory glazed using double-insulated glass with an argon filled cavity. Inner pane has a low emissivity coating, CE compliance to EN 1279.5. Glazing compliant to NZS 4223.4.
- Fixed Skylight has Air inlet V10, a manual adjustable air flow regulator providing 2.6 litres per second continuous inflow of fresh air.
Scope of use
Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights are for use on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with respect to building height and maximum floor plan areas
- with building structures designed and constructed to meet the requirements of the NZ Building Code
- with masonry tile, pressed metal tile and corrugated profiled metal roof cladding systems complying with NZBX Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 and
- for use with a roof pitch between 15 and 60 degrees
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including 'Very High'
HomeTech Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights must be installed in accordance with the Technical Literature supplied by HomeTech Ltd.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3(g), B1.3.4
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1, B2.3.1(b)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.1, E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1, F2.3.3(a)
- Clause G4 Ventilation: Performance G4.3.1, G4.3.3, G4.3.5
- Clause G7 Natural light: Performance G7.3.1, G7.3.2
- Clause H1 Energy efficiency : Performance H1.3.1, H1.3.2E
The product meets the requirements set out in the following documents, or relevant parts of cited standards within the documents:
Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights toughened and laminated safety glass has been tested by BRANZ to the impact requirements of AS/NZS 2208 and dynamic weather resistance testing to the requirements of AS 4046.9.
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
Use in Service History
Supplied and distributed by Hometech Ltd since 1985.
Large European manufacturer established 25 years ago. http://www.fakro.com/information-about-the-company/
Product specification and incorporation of Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights into the building design shall be carried out by a designer/architect/engineer or building professional who:
- Is qualified to design the buildings covered under the 'Scope' of use of this product.
- Has ready access to the technical specifications including installation details and standards referenced in the BRANZ Appraisal No. 749 where the design limitations are outlined for the scope of this PTS.
Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights are supplied by Hometech Ltd.
- 10 year warranty on Product
- 20 year warranty on Insulated Glazing
Must be installed in accordance with Fakro Installation Instructions and manufacturer recommendations.
- The external surface of the glazing on roof windows can be cleaned from inside the building by pivoting the window through 180 degrees and locking the window temporarily in this position.
- The glazing and external surfaces can be cleaned using water and household detergent to avoid build up of dirt to maintain the surface appearance.
- Fakro Roof windows and skylights can be resealed and reglazed - advice and materials can be obtained from Hometech.
- Pivot hinges and mechanisms should be periodically lubricated to minimise wear and maintain smooth operation.
10 years for Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights
20 years for Fakro Roof Windows and Skylights insulated glazing
||Member of New Zealand Green Building Council
||Date last validated: 23 December 2016
||Date last updated: 23 December 2016
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
NZ's Daylighting experts. Solatube Daylighting Systems and FAKRO Roof
Windows / Skylights distributed by HomeTech, are the only Daylighting options in New Zealand with BRANZ
Appraisals. All HomeTech products installed by our Certified Installers come with a 10 year warranty.
||Energy Recovery Systems