Nuraply 3PT/3PTM is a waterproofing tanking membrane system. The system can be applied both horizontally and vertically on or under a foundation slab, concrete wall and concrete substrate.
Nuraply 3PT/3PTM comprises of bituminous material that is reinforced with non-woven polyester and is 3mm thick. The system comes in 10m x 1m rolls. Joins are heat welded to insure water-tightness.
The membrane has a mineral chip on its top surface. This helps with bonding to the concrete when used under foundations.
Scope of use
Nuraply 3PT is suitable for new and existing commercial and residential buildings where water is likely.
It can be applied over foundations, basements, lift shafts and under slab.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.3
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
Use in Service History
Evidence of in service history:
- Lopdell House/Te Uru Waitakere Contemporary Gallery Auckland New Zealand: A restoration project Nuraply 3PT tanking installed to encase walls and floors to provide waterproofing.
- Rippon Vineyard, Wanaka
- Rotorua Hospital, Rotorua
The Nuraply 3PT/3PTM system does not require maintenance but Nuralite recommends that a visual check of the membrane be undertaken when the opportunity arises.