Fire Retardant Absorbant Breathable Wall Underlay. Is a white composite Non-Woven polypropylene, specifically designed as a Wall Underlay behind exterior wall claddings. Watergate Plus offers a high degree of water resistance, with a high level of water vapour permeability.
Can be used as a wall Underlay on timber and steel framed buildings with absorbant and non-absorbant wall claddings direct fixed to framing. Can be used a Wall Underlay in a drained cavity. Can be used as an air barrier where walls are not lined (attic spaces, gable ends). Suitable up to and including "very high". Building Wind Zones of NZS 3604. Unaffected by LOSP Timber.
Scope of use
Watergate Plus is a Fire Retardant Absorbent Breathable Composite Non Woven Wall Underlay can be used as a wall underlay on timber framed buildings within the following scope:
• the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
• with absorbent wall and non-absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to framing; and,
• with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; and
,• with masonry veneer in accordance with NZS 3604; and,
• situated in NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to, and including ‘Very High’.
Fire Retardant Absorbent Breathable Composite Non Woven Wall Underlay can be used as a wall underlay on timber framed buildings within the following scope:
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
- Can be used as a wall underlay on timber and steel framed buildings with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings direct fixed to framing.
- Can be used as a wall underlay on timber and steel framed buildings with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity.
- Note: must not be used as a roof underlay
- Can be used as an air barrier where walls are not lined e.g attic spaces at gable ends, and is suitable for use in all Building Wind Zones of NZS3604 up to, and including ‘Very High’.
- Has an AS1530: Part 2 Flammability Index of <5 and meets the requirements of NZBC Acceptable Solution C/AS1 Part 6 Table 6.2 surface finish requirements for suspended flexible fabrics.
Watergate Plus 295 must be fixed with printed side out and the non-printed side to the frame.Must be applied to all exterior walls from below bearers to the top plate. Fix securely to the frame with fasteners such as galvanized Little Grippers, 6mm-8mm staples or 20mm large head galvanized clouts at 300mm centres horizontally and vertically.
Additional fasteners should be used around each opening to be cut out.If using either 2740mm or 1370mm width, a minimum of150mm lap is required at joins and all vertical laps must be made over studs. Make good repairs on any forced tears with White GP Tape.Insure it is wide enough to cover the height of a standard wall from below the bottom plate to the top plate. Initially, cover all windows and door openings. Use extra fastenings around each window or door opening to be cut out. It is recommended that the wall underlay is not cut and prepared for window installation until the arrival of the windows.
No regular maintenance required.
Watergate plus has no known negative environment conditions
Watergate has no VOCs in manufacture installation or use
Watergate plus is recyclable at end of life with no harmful residue