New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
Sisalation® SureWrap™ Roof Underlay is an alternative to kraft paper roof underlay, which are fixed over timber or steel framed roofs in order to:
- Limit the entry of wind into the roof cavity, and
- To assist in the moisture management of the roof cladding system.
For the long term performance of both synthetic and kraft underlays, condensation and moisture related issues should be considered.
Adequate ventilation can minimise or prevent the build-up of condensation by allowing moisture laden air to escape from the roof cavity before it can build to critical levels.
Sisalation® SureWrap™ Roof Underlay must not be exposed to the weather or ultra violet light for more than 7 days before being covered by the roof cladding.