Masons Barricade FR - Fire Rated Building Wrap
Product Technical Statement: 107099
FR1 Wrap is a non-woven fire retardant, water resistant, breathable synthetic wall underlay.
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include self-assessment and technical information by manufacturer
||Masons confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
Barricade FR Wrap is a non-woven fire retardant, water resistant, breathable synthetic wall underlay for use under direct fixed and non-direct fixed wall cladding on timber framed and steel framed buildings. The product is manufactured from high quality synthetic spun bonded material with high UV qualities.
Barricade FR Building Wrap – Advantages
- Barricade FR is fire retardant
- Barricade FR is water resistant
- Barricade FR has a consistent breathable surface
- Barricade FR is absorbent and can be used with absorbent and non-absorbent cladding.
- Barricade FR is strong and durable, suitable for all areas of New Zealand including up to ‘Extra High’ wind zones of NZS 3604
- Barricade FR is suitable for use with all cladding systems
- Barricade FR performs over timber or steel framing.
- Barricade FR is suitable to be used as a non rigid backing for stucco plaster
- Barricade FR is suitable as an air barrier on walls that are not lined
- Barricade FR has unique anti fungal properties
Scope of use
Barricade FR Wall Wrap has been appraised for use as a flexible wall underlay on timber framed buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- With absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to the frame; and,
- With absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; and,
- With masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including ‘Very High’
Barricade FR Wall Wrap has been appraised for use as a flexible wall underlay on steel framed buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1;
- with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- With absorbent and non-absorbent wall cladding directly fixed to the frame; and,
- With absorbent and non-absorbent wall cladding installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; and,
- With masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including ‘Very High’
Barricade FR Wall Wrap has been appraised for use as a flexible wall underlay over rigid wall underlays on timber and steel framed buildings >> See document for scope of use
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2
Barricade FR Building Wrap is a breathable composite building wrap. The following tests have been carried out in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 23:
- Tensile strength, edge tear resistance and resistance to water vapour transmission in accordance with ASNZS 4200.1
- Resistance to water penetration in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.1.4
- Surface water absorbency in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.6
- Air resistance to BS 6538.3Shrinkage in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.3
- pH of extract in accordance with AS/NZS 1301.421s
- Fire retardant in accordance with AS1530 Part 2 Flammability
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
For full builders installation instructions see brochure
Run the wrap horizontally (with the printed side out) taut over the framing before fixing. Fix with 20 mm long 6-8 mm staples, self drilling screws or proprietary underlay fixings.The wrap should be run over openings and left covered until windows and doors are ready to be installed.
Handling & Storage:
Masons Wrap whether on or off site should
- Be stored on end under a cover, in a clean and dry area
- Do not crush the rolls
- The rolls must be protected from damage
Provided Masons Wrap is not exposed to the weather or ultra-violet light for a total of more than 42 days, and provided the exterior cladding is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and the cladding remains weather resistant, the wrap is expected to have a serviceable life equal to that of the cladding.
||Date last validated: 20 October 2017
||Date last updated: 20 October 2017
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|Masons Plastabrick Ltd
Masons manufacture, import and distribute a wide range of building products throughout New Zealand. From Building Products, Brick reinforcement and Exterior Plaster Cladding Systems
||Plaster and Panel