DriStud Wall Wrap
Product Technical Statement: 106692
It is a strong Non-Woven engineered fabric that can be direct fixed and used with all claddings
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include technical information by manufacturer and either an independent assessment or reference to an industry-based scheme
||DriStud confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
DriStud Wall Wrap is engineered from resilient non-woven fabric and is a commercial grade building wrap. DriStud Wall Wrap has a high resistance to moisture and is perfectly suited for Residential and Commercial Buildings with high-permeable moisture transfer requirements.DriStud Wall Wrap is also an air barrier that allows for high moisture vapour transfer creating a healthier and more energy-efficient structure for projects in wet or cold climates and/or for projects requiring high vapour permeability.
- CodeMark™ Certified: AQ-150715-CMNZ
- Fire Retardant - FR Index 1
- Suitable for “Very High” Wind Zones (NZS 3604:2011)
- Absorbent & Breathable
- Can be exposed to UV and weather for up to 60 days
- Durability: 50 years
- Suitable for both timber and steel-framed buildings
- Can be used for residential and commercial buildings
- Lightweight yet durable
- Translucent for ease of Installation
Scope of use
DriStud Wall Wrap is intended for use in new and existing buildings in conjunction with flexible flashing tapes.
It may be installed over timber and steel framing. Where DriStud Wall Wrap is to be installed over steel
framing it is important to ensure an adequate thermal break has been installed. DriStud Wall Wrap may be used where the external cladding is direct fixed with non-absorbent cladding or over a nominal 18mm ventilated
cavity as per table 3, E2/AS1.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3, B1.3.3(a), B1.3.3(c), B1.3.3(q), B1.3.4, B1.3.4(a), B1.3.4(b), B1.3.4(c), B1.3.4(d), B1.3.4(e)
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.2(a)
- Clause C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: Performance C3.4(c)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2, E2.3.7, E2.3.7(a), E2.3.7(b), E2.3.7(c)
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
DriStud Wall Wrap is intended for use on buildings designed in accordance with NZS 3604:2011 paragraph 1.1 and in Wind Zones up to and including ‘Very High’. It may be installed over timber and steel framing. Where DriStud Wall Wrap is to be installed over steel framing it is important to ensure an adequate thermal break has been installed.
DriStud Wall Wrap may also be used in conjunction with the following substrates:
- Oriented strand board
- Fibre cement
DriStud Wall Wrap may be used where the external cladding is direct fixed or over a nominal 18mm ventilated cavity as per table 3, E2/AS1.
CONDITIONS & LIMITATIONS
Where Codemark is to be relied upon, then all conditions of that certificate must be met. These are:
- May be used in importance level 1 and 2 buildings up to a Wind Zone of ‘Very High’ and in all corrosion zones, as defined in NZS3604:2011. Where a Wind Zone greater than ‘Very High’, DriStud Wall Wrap may still be suitable but a registered engineer should be consulted and the use falls outside the scope of this certificate.
- Where it is to be installed in an existing building, the designer and installer must assure themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work and that the provisions of s112 of the NZ Building Act 2004 will be met.
- DriStud Wall Wrap is suitable for use with steel or timber framing.
- May be installed in conjunction with face fixed and ventilated cavity systems as established via E2/AS1 except that where a non-absorbent cladding system is specified, an 18mm minimum drained cavity must always be used.
- Where a flashing tape, other than DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape or DriStud Bozz Window Flashing Tape is used, the installer and designer must assure themselves that the tape is suitable for the intended building work.
Must be installed in accordance with the DriStud Wall Wrap Installation Manual. This is available at www.dristud.co.nz.
OVERLAPS / SUPPORT
DriStud Wall Wrap must be installed horizontally with printed side facing out. Any joins must be overlapped by a minimum of 150mm. Where horizontal laps are required the upper sheet must overlap the bottom one to allow for moisture run off. Where a drained cavity is to be installed, cavity battens in accordance with E2/AS1 are acceptable to provide adequate support. DriStud Wall Wrap must be installed in accordance with paragraph 220.127.116.11, E2/AS1. It is recommended where DriStud Wall Wrap is to receive a direct fix cladding that vertical reinforced webbing is mechanically fixed over studs at a maximum of 1200mm centers.
The installer shall treat all wall openings by cutting and folding the DriStud Wall Wrap as per the WANZ guide to window installation (E2/AS1 Amendment 6). All other penetrations to be sealed as E2/AS1.
DriStud Wall Wrap does not require any maintenance but when exposed through removal of cladding, the wrap must be inspected and any damaged areas repaired or replaced.
STORAGE & TRANSPORTATION
DriStud Wall Wrap rolls must be stored in a clean, dry place and must be protected from damage and weather. Dristud Wall Wrap must not be exposed to UV light for more than 60 days.
TCL Hunt Ltd warrants that DriStud Wall Wrap will be free from manufacturing defects. Upon receiving of DriStud Wall Wrap, it is recommended that a visual check is made. Where defects are observed, these will be replaced at the discretion of TCL Hunt, provided that they are returned to point of purchase.
If installed in accordance with TCL Hunt installation requirements, TCL Hunt warrants that DriStud Wall Wrap will comply with relevant provisions of the NZ Building Code. TCL Hunt is confident that DriStud Wall Wrap will have a serviceability life of 50 years provided that:
- the balance of the external wall is installed in accordance with the NZ Building Code, and,
- all necessary maintenance is undertaken in respect of the external wall system.
Please refer to DriStud website www.dristud.co.nz for more information on warranty and the conditions.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
||Date last validated: 14 March 2018
||Date last updated: 14 March 2018
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|TCL Hunt Building Products
We at TCL Hunt have taken our experience as a Supplier to New Zealand Building Product Manufacturers and developed our own range of High Quality, Innovative Building Products. These products are specifically engineered for the New Zealand Market and sold by our Building Products Division DriStud through all reputable Building Merchants, Roll Formers and Roofers.
||DriStud Bozz Window Flashing Tape
||DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape
||DriStud Wall Wrap