DriStud FRU 36 is white synthetic tri-laminate roofing underlay that is water resistant, vapour permeable and fire retardant. The FRU 36 is now classified as both self support and heavy weight, roof underlay. It is intended for use on new and existing buildings in wind zones up to and including ‘Extra High’, as defined in NZS 3604:2011.
- CodeMark™ Certified
- Fire Retardant
- Durability: 50 years
- Direct fix with absorbent and non-absorbent cladding
- Can be installed over timber and steel roof framing
- Must be supported when installed under 10 degree roof pitch
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3(a), B1.3.3(h)
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a), B2.3.2(b)
- Clause C3 Fire affecting areas beyond the fire source: Performance C3.4(c)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.1, E2.3.2, E2.3.7(a), E2.3.7(b), E2.3.7(c)
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
FRU 36 is a lighter grammage self-support roof underlay and can be used for both self-support and heavy weight applications. DriStud FRU 36 is designed to be used as an underlay beneath roof claddings to assist with the weather tightness of buildings. This product can also be used as a wall underlay.
Please refer to MRM Code of Practice for design guides for places where condensation risks are high, such as cold or high humidity areas, low pitched roofs such as skillion roofs and roof cavities with restricted air movement.
DriStud roofing underlay install with all writing and imagery facing out and with as minimal a number of overlaps as possible. Where overlaps are unavoidable a lap of 150 mm minimum must be used.
DriStud FRU 36 must be fully supported by a corrosion resistant material when roof pitch is less than 10°. DriStud roofing underlays must be installed as described in paragraph 8.1.5, E2/AS1 and DriStud FRU 36 Installation Guide.
Please refer to www.dristud.co.nz for installation guide.
DriStud roofing underlays do not require any maintenance but when exposed through removal of roof cladding, the underlays must be inspected and any damaged areas repaired or replaced.
Storage & Transportation
DriStud FRU 36 rolls must be stored in a clean, dry place and must be protected from damage and weather. DriStud FRU 36 must not be exposed to UV light for more than 7 days.
TCL Hunt Ltd warrants that all DriStud roofing underlays will be free from manufacturing defects. Upon receiving of DriStud roofing underlays, it is recommended that a visual check is made. Where defects are observed, these must be replaced.
If installed in accordance with TCL Hunt installation requirements, TCL Hunt warrants that DriStud roofing underlays will comply with all relevant provisions of the NZ Building Code, provided that:
- the balance of the external wall is installed in accordance with the NZ Building Code, and,
- all necessary maintenance is undertaken in respect of the external wall system.
Please refer to DriStud website www.dristud.co.nz for more information on warranty and disclaimer.