DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape
Product Technical Statement: 106696
It is a window sealing tape which provides ultimate protection against the moisture.
||Level of assurance needed to demonstrate NZ Building Code Compliance
Supporting documentation should include technical information by manufacturer and either an independent assessment or reference to an industry-based scheme
||DriStud confirms that this minimum level of assurance has been met or exceeded by the following:
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is a window sealing system that can also be used for general sealing of wall penetrations. It provides ultimate protection against water infiltration for windows, doors and thru-wall entry points. It has a modified butyl adhesive and ensures maximum adhesion to most external building wraps and building membranes across a wide range of temperatures guaranteeing reliable performance in all climates. DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape does not contain asphalt and is able to be applied in temperatures as low as -6°C without the need for primer.
- CodeMark™ Certified
- Designed for application in temperatures as low as -6°C and also be applied to damp surfaces without primer
- Service temperature range -25°C to 80°C
- Compatible with a wide range of building materials
- Compliant with AAMA 711-13 guidelines for preventing water penetration around fasteners
- With rubberized polypropylene film it easily conforms into anomalies in OSB and transitions, eliminating gaps which can assist in undesirable water movement
- Can be exposed to UV and weather for up to 42 days
- Can be used for residential and commercial buildings
- Suitable for all wind zones of NZS 3604 up to and including “Extra High”
- Only One Layer Required on the Sill for maximum adhesion
- No Corner Moulds Required
Scope of use
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is intended for use in new and existing buildings in conjunction with an underlay or rigid air barrier. It is used around framed joinery openings and penetrations, providing a secondary weather resistant barrier. It is designed to be used in conjunction with air seals and joinery flashing systems, but not as a substitute.
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape may also be used at joinery heads to seal flashing upstands to the building wrap. Where a rigid underlay has been installed, DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape may be used to seal all junctions and penetrations.
It is suitable for use with timber and steel framed buildings as well as masonry structures. It may be used where the environmental temperature fluctuates between -25°C to 80°C.
New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
The product will, if employed in accordance with the supplier's installation and maintenance requirements, assist with meeting the following provisions of the building code:
- Clause B1 Structure: Performance B1.3.1, B1.3.2, B1.3.3, B1.3.3(a), B1.3.3(c), B1.3.3(q), B1.3.4, B1.3.4(a), B1.3.4(b), B1.3.4(c), B1.3.4(d), B1.3.4(e)
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(b), B2.3.2(a)
- Clause E2 External moisture: Performance E2.3.2, E2.3.7, E2.3.7(a), E2.3.7(b), E2.3.7(c)
- Clause F2 Hazardous building materials: Performance F2.3.1
The product has and can make available the following additional evidence to support the above statements:
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is a flashing system to help waterproof around window and door openings. It is designed to be used in conjunction with DriStud Wall Wrap.Specifically it may be used with the following substrates:
- Bituminous kraft underlays
- Synthetic underlays
- Fibre cement board
- Anodized Aluminium
No Corner Moulds required - use Butterfly strip instead. DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape can be used on timber frames in accordance with NZS 3604:2011 or steel framed buildings in accordance with the Nash Design Standard.
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. The scope of the certificate covers the use of DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape in buildings:
- up to 10m in height, and
- in wind zones up to extra high as defined in NZS 3604:2011, and
- in all corrosion zones as defined in NZS3604:2001
2. No Primer nor Heat gun required down to -6ºC.
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape must be installed in accordance with the DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape Installation Manual. DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is intended to be used in conjunction with DriStud Wall Wrap.
- DriStud Wall Wrap to be folded over framing into opening.
- A piece of DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is placed across sill trimmer, then a small patch over the corner.
- DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape to head and jamb junction and across the full width of the sill trimmer.
- DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape can be exposed to the environmental elements for up to 42 days before closing in.
- Where DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is used for sealing wall penetrations through the external wall the tape must be installed in accordance with E2/AS1.
- Separation or protection must be provided to DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape from heat sources such as fireplaces, heating appliances, flues and chimneys.
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape does not require any maintenance but when exposed through removal of cladding, the tape must be inspected and any damaged areas repaired or replaced.
STORAGE & TRANSPORTATION
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape rolls must be stored in a clean, dry place and must be protected from damage and weather. DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape must not be exposed to UV light for more than 42 days.
TCL Hunt Ltd warrants that DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape will be free from manufacturing defects. Upon receipt of DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape, it is recommended that a visual check is made. Where defects are observed, these will be replaced at the discretion of TCL Hunt, provided that they are returned to point of purchase.
If installed in accordance with TCL Hunt installation requirements, TCL Hunt warrants that DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape will comply with relevant provisions of the NZ Building Code. TCL Hunt is confident that DriStud Cool Tape will have a serviceability life of 50 years provided that:
- the balance of the external wall is installed in accordance with the NZ Building Code, and,
- all necessary maintenance is undertaken in respect of the external wall system.
Please refer to DriStud website www.dristud.co.nz for more information on warranty and the conditions.
||ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
||Date last validated: 13 June 2018
||Date last updated: 13 June 2018
The Product Technical Statement (PTS) template is copyright to Construction Information Limited. However the content of this PTS is the responsibility of the product manufacturer/supplier.
Refer to the miproducts Terms and Conditions
|TCL Hunt Building Products
We at TCL Hunt have taken our experience as a Supplier to New Zealand Building Product Manufacturers and developed our own range of High Quality, Innovative Building Products. These products are specifically engineered for the New Zealand Market and sold by our Building Products Division DriStud through all reputable Building Merchants, Roll Formers and Roofers.
||DriStud Bozz Window Flashing Tape
||DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape
||DriStud Wall Wrap